What is it?
3D GPR Benefits and Versatility
• Data Collection at Traffic speed
• True 3-Dimensional data
• Optimal resolution at all depths
• Pavement – Delamination. Dowel Bar Alignment. Rebar
• Bridge Decks – Rebar health. Overlay. Delamination
• Voids – Sinkholes
• Utility mapping – Power cables. Pipes
Why do it?
With an antenna width of 2.1m, 3D GPR covers a greater area. With 2 passes of the chosen highway we get a full coverage of the pavement. 3D GPR allows Engineers to interpret the data, identifying;
• Construction thicknesses and changes (bound and unbound layers)
• Defects (e.g cracking, high moisture content, debonding, voiding)
• Detect mid-lane longitudinal construction joints and concrete edge beam if present
• Presence of Services
• Control budget by limiting other works and road closures
PTS have demonstrated the benefits of full carriageway width 3D GPR on various schemes for clients such as Highways England, County Councils and Contractors, from small schemes to full network coverage projects. Our clients benefit from our services when requesting inspections of bridge decks and also specific moisture and void assessments.
What else do we offer?
PTS current customers include Highways England, Highway Authorities, Contractors, DBFO Companies and Airport operators in which we utilise innovative, fully compliant survey methods to deliver the following surveys; coring, coring for tar testing, GPR, SCRIM®, Deflectograph, FWD, Grip-tester, automated visual condition surveys, safety barrier inspections, Retro-reflectivity of road markings and traffic signs, construction materials testing and certification.